240sЯus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
240sЯus

Welcome to 240sRus, forum for all 240SX enthusiast!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

i need to know....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jonathan
jonathan

i need to know.... Empty
PostSubject: i need to know....   i need to know.... EmptyFri May 01, 2009 2:30 pm

what all has to be done to put a s14 ka into a s13? the s13 had the ka24de, but i messed up. is the wiring the same? i know i read i had to put a s13 intake mani for it to fit.... but what else?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/garyeggman
turbojay240z
Techy
Techy
turbojay240z

i need to know.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: i need to know....   i need to know.... EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 4:21 pm

This reply is 4 months late.......anyway.....

This is a really easy swap to do. NO WIRING REQUIRED.

The main differences will be:

The '98 s14's (maybe some '97's) have a different timing chain setup, so i suggest not using one of those.....doubt you could find one that year anyway.

The OBDII sensors on the s14 intake mani.

The valve cover and upper timing chain cover are slightly different. No big deal....

The s14 has a better flowing head, but has smaller cams than the s13...WTF Nissan?

The SCV in the s13 mani.....which is junk you can do without.

The s14 uses an internal coil in the distributor, s13 has an external. Some people have used the s14 dist., but it requires some wiring.

The s14 engine will have 232/232 intake and exhaust cams.......which really suck. It's a good idea to swap in the 240/248 cams from the s13 ( OPTIONAL). If they are swapped in, make sure the timing is correct...#1 piston at TDC, cam lobes on #1 cyl pointing away from each other....and dist. rotor pointing directly at cyl #1 plug.

That's all i can think of at the moment.

So, all you HAVE to do is swap the intake and exhaust manifolds and use the s13 distributor. Also, the s14 alternator has different plugs so just switch them as well.
It would aso be a good time to clean, repair, replace, or remove those hard to reach parts......egr.....knock sensor(code 34)....scv...you get the idea

Then its all just plug and play. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/turbojay240z

i need to know....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
240sЯus :: The 240 Garage :: Problems-
Jump to: