240sЯus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
240sЯus

Welcome to 240sRus, forum for all 240SX enthusiast!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

P-dubs 2 Fizzle

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Carb'dKAJunkie
Blatantly Honest
Blatantly Honest
Carb'dKAJunkie

P-dubs 2 Fizzle Empty
PostSubject: P-dubs 2 Fizzle   P-dubs 2 Fizzle EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 1:54 am

So I am now finally going to post about my project. I dont have a whole lot of pics, but I am going to get some more in the next day or so.

1989 (Best year ever) 240sx SE Hatch
SOHC KA24E (And I'm sticking with it) (And maybe take the E off)
Hardbody Intake Manifold (For my own little special project)
Adjustable Coilovers (Coils, sleeves, and some hacked up struts)
Lowered 4 inches
Auto to 5 Speed swap (waiting to go in)
Caddilac Projectors (yeah in the pop ups place)

So now im going to lay it out for you. I got this car a few years ago right before I moved to Alabama. I have loved it ever since. My grandfather also helped me in getting it so it is very special to me and even if it ended up as a burnt up shell I will still charish it. Nor will I let it go. When I got it it had about 150,000 on it but still ran like a champ. Just had a Huge caved in quarter on the drivers side, beat up fenders, and other little dings. Oh did I mention it had the instant rust hatch with the foam wing on it? Yeah so that was the first thing to go. I replaced it with a wingless hatch. It was originally black. While I was at auto body school, I fixed the entire body (and I really wish I had before and after pics of the quarter), primed and hand blocked almost everything on the entire car. Now it came up to the color. When I finally made up my mind on nissan daytona blue it was to late and I didn't have time to spray it. IT was okay though because I decided I was going to flat black the entire thing. Well I got the front clip done, and decided not for me. So I have finally settled on a paint scheme that I like. Well, love is more like it. You will see that later though.

The car was my daily driver until at the worst possible time my auto decided to take a dump on me. So I am taking advantage of it sitting there. I have completely stripped out the entire car (cause I like my piggy lean and mean). Pulled the motor and all other non esential parts from the engine bay such as but not limited to: EGR parts, AC and all related lines, Power Steering, working on the wiring, and other stuff. I also installed my coilover setup. While the car was lowered I decided to start wheel shopping. I couldn't really find anything I liked until one night working at a shop I saw them there staring at me. It was a set of wheels off a legend car. 13x8 to be exact. Go ahead and laugh but they look great on there (at least to me). Now I need to get some flares.

Now for the engine. I completely tore another engine down to rebuild and stick in it. Provided I can figure out this damn ignition problem, I am going to carb it. And no, not with mikuni's, solex's or webers. Holley. A single Holley 2 barrel. That is where the hardbody manifold came in. It is perfect for it. I made a custom adapter plate to do all this, and now i need to get it cast. But it is all a work in progress. It should really be different when it is all said and done. Well, if it gets done, can you ever really stop working on them? Here are some pics I have now on my comp and I will post some more soon when I get them.
P-dubs 2 Fizzle Work_i10
P-dubs 2 Fizzle Work_i11
P-dubs 2 Fizzle 240_s110
P-dubs 2 Fizzle 240_s410
P-dubs 2 Fizzle My_cad10
The headlights are permanent sleepy eye right now, but we modify headlight motors so that they pop up as sleepy and go all the way back down, and I am going to do that with them.

If anyone is at all interested in the sleepy eye headlight motors, let either me or the other administrator know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/vwjunkie
Carb'dKAJunkie
Blatantly Honest
Blatantly Honest
Carb'dKAJunkie

P-dubs 2 Fizzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: P-dubs 2 Fizzle   P-dubs 2 Fizzle EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 1:08 am

P-dubs 2 Fizzle 100_1210
My old motor.
P-dubs 2 Fizzle 100_1211

My new one complety stripped.
P-dubs 2 Fizzle 100_1212
This is the carb setup I'm working on.
P-dubs 2 Fizzle 100_1213
Final Paint scheme.
P-dubs 2 Fizzle 100_1214
P-dubs 2 Fizzle 100_1215
Wheel and Tire setup i'm going with. I NEED FLARES!!!
P-dubs 2 Fizzle 100_1216
P-dubs 2 Fizzle 100_1217
P-dubs 2 Fizzle 100_1218
The lowering job. I know its kind of hard to make out the last two pics but that is how close the subframe is to the ground.
P-dubs 2 Fizzle 100_1219
The cause and solution to all of my transmission problems.
Back to top Go down
turbojay240z
Techy
Techy
turbojay240z

P-dubs 2 Fizzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: P-dubs 2 Fizzle   P-dubs 2 Fizzle EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 9:05 am

I'm diggin the olive drab paint scheme. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/turbojay240z
Carb'dKAJunkie
Blatantly Honest
Blatantly Honest
Carb'dKAJunkie

P-dubs 2 Fizzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: P-dubs 2 Fizzle   P-dubs 2 Fizzle EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 9:46 pm

Thanks man. I'm diggin the building number seven pic. I'm still working on all those movies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

P-dubs 2 Fizzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: P-dubs 2 Fizzle   P-dubs 2 Fizzle Empty

Back to top Go down

P-dubs 2 Fizzle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
240sЯus :: The 240 Garage :: Projects-
Jump to: